We’re all about detail and quality at ViVO Digital and we are after talented individuals to work with us. We are currently seeing considerable growth and need experienced and energetic developers to work with us to bring our amazing designs to life.
ViVO Digital is a leading digital creative agency in Wollongong with many large and small clients. We specialise in the creation of beautiful and highly effective digital products. We develop fully bespoke, customised web solutions for businesses of all sizes. We take our clients through the full user experience design process right through to equally beautifully coded masterpieces.
You will work with our experienced owners, user experience designers, visual designers and digital strategists who are all willing to help you grow professionally within your role.
In this role you will responsible for:
- Leading projects using React coupled with the WordPress Rest API
- Producing well-structured code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard
- Turning high quality responsive designs into working WordPress websites
- Implementing new features and functionality
- Recommending technologies you deem to be the best way to build and improve our websites
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Finding efficient and solid solutions for support based tasks from our existing clients
- Presentations to clients and internally as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Our ideal candidate will have approximately 3-5 years of web development experience in an agile, cross-functional team
- Experience with WordPress theme development and the REST API
- Experience with React or other modern frontend frameworks
- Well-versed in frontend tooling e.g. SASS, Webpack, yarn etc
- Demonstrated experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- A strong sense of empathy and pride in your work, always ensuring that you are doing your best possible work for our clients
- A tertiary qualification in computer science will be highly regarded
Traits we’re looking for in you:
- A love of learning – it’s the only way we become better developers!
- Takes ownership and responsibility for complete work
- Attention to detail for UI is paramount.
- Ability to communicate ideas to the team and know the steps to achieve them
- Understanding of “why” not just “what” you do
- Concerned about “how” the work is done – code quality is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to self-manage
- Real team player – looking out for others and achieving together