We’re all about detail and quality at ViVO Digital and we are after talented individuals to work with us. We are currently seeing considerable growth and need experienced and energetic developers to work with us to bring our amazing designs to life.
That’s where you come in! As a Front-end Developer, you’ll spend your days working to build interfaces and digital products that directly help our customers.
You will work with our experienced owners, user experience designers, visual designers and digital strategists who are all willing to help you grow professionally within your role.
About the role
- The role is permanent, full time. We’re looking for a minimum of 3 years experience.
- The ViVO team is located in Wollongong. Whilst we are flexible with remote work, you will be expected to work the majority of your hours face to face with the rest of the team.
- You will work on client websites, our website, and internal projects.
- You will be required to build and maintain custom WordPress themes using the WordPress platform, PHP and the WordPress REST API.
- You will have the freedom to develop new features and find ways to improve current processes and tooling.
- You will handle support conversations, talk directly with customers, and help them when issues arise. Everyone at ViVO helps to support our customers.
Typical tasks in the life of a front end developer at ViVO Digital might look something like this
- Building React user interfaces driven by data from the WordPress REST API (React, PHP, HTML, SCSS / Styled-components).
- Collaborating via Slack, Bitbucket and other ViVO PM tools.
- Writing and reviewing Pull Requests (Bitbucket), pushing releases to production regularly.
- Working with and improving on build tools (NPM, Node, Composer).
- Helping to maintain our internal component library and documentation.
- Reviewing and triaging support tickets and fixing bugs and following up with customers.
- You want to ship every day. Your passion is to build end-to-end software. You want to iterate, learn and improve regularly.
- You understand the importance of quality, tested code. You write tests and feel confident in doing so. Code is documented, understandable and predictable.
- You don’t treat front-end as an afterthought and strive to build interfaces for everyone. You are well-versed in valid and reusable HTML and CSS. You pride yourself on attention to detail and can implement pixel perfect user interfaces.
- You are self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to make sure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and will call for support when required.
- You love learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing and learning. While our roles are specialised, each team member can wear many hats.
How to apply
- Apply for this position by writing to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Front-end Developer” including the following:
- A cover letter.
- A CV, resume or any highlighted projects you’d like us to know about.
- If we’d like to move further, the first step will be a 30-minute exploratory call. We will answer questions you have about the company, learn about you and talk about past work experience.
- The second step will be an in person interview followed by a code test providing us with an opportunity to grasp the way you approach tasks and your skills.
- Lastly, we’ll extend an offer or decline.